Friday, April 19, 2013

We're Moving to North Dakota


For those of you that follow me on Instagram, you saw this pictures a few days ago...

I actually very distinctly remember when we were at my husbands family farm in August 2011 feeling that God wanted me to remain open to the possibility that I would someday live in North Dakota. In fact, I was so sure God spoke to my heart that I even told my husband "I'm not saying no never. I'm just saying no right now" in regards to moving...

Over the past year and a half I have halfheartedly continued to repeat this sentiment hoping that I would never be in a position where I actually would have to say yes, or no. Then about a month ago, Jared went out with some friends and they began to talk about a project that their company was working on that was kind of "hush-hush" and it turned out that they were looking to hire someone to live and work in a town 45 minutes away from where Jared grew up...the job sounded promising, and offered a lot of perks so Jared asked who he should contact to get more information about this position. One thing lead to another, and he had a couple meetings and interviews...and even though they weren't looking to hire someone outside of the company Jared ended up with a job offer.

I can't go into too many details right now...but Jared and I both believe that this was all God's doing. We agreed that unless the offer was absolutely perfect that we would say no...and the company Jared is going to be working for is offering us more than we could have ever imagined. We couldn't say no. I couldn't say no...after all, this move means I can be a stay-at-home mom and to be honest, I would do ANYTHING and go anywhere to be able to be with Elias all day long.

So, we're moving. Jared needs to be out there by May 6th. I'm not sure when Elias and I will follow. I have to give my notice at work and we have to finish up a few things around our house before we put it on the market. There is also some training I want to do to become a doula so that my sister-in-law and I can team up to help develop the birthing community in the town we are moving to. I also have some family things coming up at I want to be around for...so I will probably be traveling back-and-forth a lot this summer.

If I let myself think too much about leaving my family, I emotionally breakdown...but if I think about the perks of my husbands job, being with Elias all day, and the opportunity I am going to have to explore my passions regarding birth/birth education I get excited.

So...I hope to blog a little more often about the big changes that we are going through and how I am feeling. When Jared's job becomes a little more public then I can talk in more details about why we couldn't turn down this opportunity.

It still doesn't feel completely real yet...but I'm sure it will soon enough.

2 comments:

The Edberg's said...

That is wonderful news, so exciting! Congratulations.

Callie Nicole said...

How exciting, it sounds like a great opportunity for all of you!